BULAWAYO MEMORIES

Gwelo


Gweru (named Gwelo until 1982) is a city in central Zimbabwe. Located near the geographical centre of the country, it is the capital of Midlands Province. Originally an area known to the indigenous Ndebele as "The Steep Place" because of the Gweru River's high banks, in 1894 it became the site of a military outpost established by Leander Starr Jameson. In 1914 it attained municipal status, and in 1971 it became a city.



oc_gw_station.PNGoc_gw_chemist.JPGoc_gw_ed_greatermans.JPG

oc_gw_one_way.JPGoc_gw_4191.PNG
oc_gw_opening_girls_hostel.jpg

oc_gw_bata_bdg.JPGoc_gw_bata_sign.JPGoc_gw_bata_leather.JPG
oc_gw_bata_outlet.JPGoc_gw_bata_parking.JPG
oc_gw_bata_factory_floor.JPGoc_gw_bata_factory_workers.JPG