BULAWAYO MEMORIES

Whitestone



Whitestone School is an independent, day, preparatory school in for boys and girls in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.

M. G. Fleming acquired land and opened Whitestone School in 1942. Whitestone was sold by Mr Fleming to Ruzawi Schools Ltd thus being run as an Anglican Diocesan preparatory school for boys. In 1975, the school was closed as a result of the sudden decline in enrollment, due mainly to the removal of many Zambian pupils. In 1978 all movable property was auctioned and the buildings remained empty for partial occupation by pupils and staff of Cyrene Mission during the civil war years.

The Whitestone School Trust was founded in 1981 and the school was purchased from Ruzawi Schools Ltd. It was re-opened in September 1982 as a co-educational school for day and boarding pupils.



sch_jun_whit_entrance_hostel.jpg

sch_jun_whit_chapel.PNGsch_jun_whit_chapel_sign_times.PNG



sch_jun_whit_tie.JPG