BULAWAYO MEMORIES

Standard Chartered Bank

 Main - Fife Street & 8th Avenue

bdg_bnk_stan_chartered_side.jpgbdg_bnk_stch_sdie_doorat_bank_std_arch
bdg_bnk_stan_from_pioneerhouse.jpgbdg_bnk_stan_rain.jpg
bdg_bnk_stan_chartered.jpgbdg_bnk_stan_cnr_new.jpg
bdg_bnk_stch_chart
bdg_bnk_stan_stanbic.jpg


bdg_bnk_stch_advertisingbdg_bnk_stch_banner_blue
bdg_bnk_stch_cnr_nightbdg_bnk_stch_cnr_umbrella
bdg_bnk_stch_nocars

 Industrial Sites
bdg_bnk_stan_chart_23rd_avebdg_bnk_stan_chartered_belmont_door

The Standard Bank opened for business on 4th May, 1894 using a bell tent in the Police Camp as an office until the Company's Administration Building was completed a few weeks later. The first Manager was Alexander Thain and the Accountant D.M. Sanderson. The armed guard was supplied by the Chartered Company

at_bank_stand_first_bulawayo